Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Name is Esme, and I am a Chipmunk


Note:  No animals were harmed in the creation of this costume.  It's all faux fur.

I've been away from the computer and hunched over the sewing machine again.   This time, it's Esme's Halloween costume I'm working on.  She's going to be a chipmunk.  To be specific, she's going to be Pip from the movie Enchanted.  The idea is that Pip and Giselle are friends, and they will be great companions at the local Halloween party.

Ever a sucker for a big and unreasonable project, I told Esme, "Why, of course you can be a chipmunk for Halloween.  I'll make you a costume."  What?!  What was I thinking?  Of course, this conversation took place in August, promises for fancy costumes come easily when Halloween seems an eternity away. 

If I were a sensible person, I might have suggested that she wear one of the costumes Ada wore, or I might have decided to just have her wear some brown sweats and makeup, pin a piece of furry fabric on her bum as a tail, and be done with it.  To those who have the sense to know the value of your own time and make quick costumes, I salute you!  I, unfortunately, am too far into this one to turn back..

And actually, it's coming together pretty well.  It's my first real effort with faux fur, and despite the overwhelming amounts of fuzz that comes off that stuff when you cut and sew (seriously--I needed to wear a facemask), it's working out.    A few more hours, and it will be ready to wear. Look for more photos of the completed projects tomorrow.


DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

So cute!! Chip and Esme. Cannot wait to see the photos of these magical costumes come to life!:-)

Would you make me a weasel costume? ;-)

angela said...

I can hardly wait to see the two of them together.

You are doing a great job, Honey!!

Love, Mom

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.